I was in and out, myself, this weekend, so maybe even I missed something …
Friday, June 19
- Eloy Jimenez has started playing in the Northwest League, and he might be the next big power prospect in the organization.
- The rumor mill is churning plenty, with a variety of rumors to check out.
- The latest on the Cardinals hacking is a report claiming the hacking goes back further than previously believed.
- I’m sure Kris Bryant has at least a few friends.
- Michael wonders whether Starlin Castro’s improving performance is related to a little less pulling and a lot less grounding.
- Very little went right for the Cubs in an ugly loss to the Twins.
Saturday, June 20
- Starlin Castro had to do some apologizing again for another mental mistake.
- Although Kyle Schwarber’s bat might be ready for the big leagues (*might*), his glove behind the plate is not. And that’s still where the Cubs want to see him end up.
- Things are looking good for Jorge Soler’s and Mike Olt’s rehabs, according to Luis’s check-in.
- It took extra innings, but the Cubs won the second game in their series against the Twins.
- The Braves and Diamondbacks got together on a fairly big trade … that left a lot of folks scratching their heads.
Sunday, June 21
- Luke checks in on the Cubs’ farm teams, and the just-released, just-underway Arizona Rookie League team.
- Jon Lester was pulled earlier than he wanted in Saturday’s game, but he ultimately understood the move, and it was a great start.
- Jake Arrieta dominated the Twins, and the Cubs’ offense matched his dominance.
- Kyle Schwarber’s stay in the big leagues is over, for now, and it was a good time.
Winter Meetings Wednesday Afternoon: LAD Out on Rendon, in on Lindor? WSH Out on Bryant? NYM, Marte, Nimmo, More