The kiddos have their pumpkin patch trip at school today, and I’m one of the parents going to help out. I love all things Halloween, so it should be a good time.
- The Cubs won 24 more games in 2015 than in 2014, which was the largest increase in baseball this year (the Rangers were second, with a 21-win improvement). You probably didn’t need me to tell you that for you to know it was probably true, but, still, it’s fun. The Cubs were up seven wins last year, too, and they were up five wins the year before that. So, in three straight years of increasing win totals since 2012, the Cubs have improved by 36 games.
- A great piece from Tony Andracki talking to Jed Hoyer and Joe Maddon on the strength of the NL Central, their experience in the powerhouse AL East, and how it makes a team better in the long run (CSN). There is a certain confidence that comes from constantly playing – and often beating – the best, especially in their place. (Hey, wouldn’t you know: the Cubs have to do it again tomorrow. And they know they can.)
- Pirates players and Clint Hurdle discuss how to beat Jake Arrieta (CSN).
- This is such a f*ck yeah picture:
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) October 5, 2015
- Other pictures worth perusing over at the Tribune as the Cubs departed Wrigley, including their affection for leather, and Jonathan Herrera’s amazing hat.
- David Schoenfield would cast his Cy Young ballot for Jake Arrieta if he had a vote. And more on Arrieta here at Cubs.com, because, really, can you ever get enough Arrieta?
- How the Cubs built their roster, from MLB Pipeline.
- Former Cub, now a writer, Adrian Cardenas writes about Anthony Rizzo.
- Ryne Sandberg will be back to lead a Cubs fan rally at Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse in River North tomorrow morning.
- Good work, Professor:
— Ben Larson (@ben_larson6) October 3, 2015
Lukewarm Stove: What’s Going on in Abreu’s Market? Dodgers Meet with Verlander, Padres as Competition for Cubs, More
Brant Brown Movement and Memories, Cubs Killer Goes Overseas, Read the Column, and Other Cubs Bullets
We Might Be Soon Seeing a Mike Clevinger-White Sox Signing That Illuminates Part of the Market (UPDATES: Happening)
One Week from the Winter Meetings, Things Said and Things Done, Carroll, Logos, and Other Cubs Bullets