Thursday night brought the big activity, and, as we should all have expected by now, it did not shake anything loose …
Friday, January 26
- Yup, the market is still frozen, and some free agents are reportedly even considering starting their own Spring Training.
- Thoughts on how “winning” the CBA may have put the owners in a precarious spot.
- The Cubs are reportedly Yu Darvish’s preference, all else equal.
- A Lukewarm Stove in the wake of the Brewers’ big moves, including the Nationals making a push for JT Realmuto.
- Cubs GM Jed Hoyer spoke on a range of topics, including what he thought about the offense’s issues last year.
- Keith Law’s farm system rankings came out, and the Cubs are down, down, down.
- Bits from around the league, including ire about the Marlins and Pirates’ sell-off, NL Central improvements, and more.
- The Cubs brought in another depth lefty.
Saturday, January 27
- New Cubs catcher Chris Gimenez has been talking to Yu Darvish a whole lot.
- MLB responded to a possible grievance against the Marlins and Pirates, Hawk Harrelson wants to kick the Cubs’ butts, and more.
- A run-down of the latest rumors, including the Cubs still leading for Darvish, for whatever that’s worth at this point.
Sunday, January 28
- The Cubs got shut out of another top 100, and the first player to mention the “strike” word …
- Brewers ownership at least wants to put out the appearance that they’re willing to continue spending in order to add to the rotation.
What the Blackhawks Are Seeking for DeBrincat, Who’s Interested, and How a Trade Could Mean the End of Toews/Kane in Chicago