This weekend was quite bad. Perhaps you managed to avoid it? Now you can read the headlines and feel none of the pain.
Friday, May 4
- I’m not down with imagining the Cubs still had the various prospects they’ve traded away.
- The Brewers sent Zach Davies to the DL.
- The latest from the rumor mill has the Cubs as the “perfect fit” for Manny Machado, according to one.
- This weekend marked the 20th anniversary of Kerry Wood’s 20K game.
- The Cubs are trolling the Indians with their promotional giveaway items.
- Despite their struggles, the Cubs’ playoff odds are not terrible.
- The Cubs announced their minor league player and pitcher of the month.
- The Matt Harvey era in New York is over after the Mets tried to send him to the minors and he refused.
- Kyle Schwarber showed off his strong arm.
- A three-run homer by Tommy Pham was the entire difference in the game.
Saturday, May 5
- The Cubs signed an outfielder to a minor league deal.
- At the minor league level, the Cubs are looking for a team to have a winning record.
- Joe Maddon ain’t into the idea of bringing up a new personal catcher for Yu Darvish, and other Bullets.
- Addison Russell made a fantastic play and a fantastic slide.
- The ugliest and most frustrating loss of the year.
Sunday, May 6
- At least the minor league clubs all won on Saturday.
- The Cardinals are very happy to piss off the Cubs, and much more in the Sunday Bullets.
- Yadier Molina had to get emergency surgery after taking a foul tip off of his groin.
- The Dodgers lost yet another key player, as Clayton Kershaw hits the DL.
- And the Cubs get swept by losing in 14 innings after taking the lead in the top of the 14th.
Big Anniversaries Today, Contreras’s Ankle, Wick’s Role, Hughes’ Development, and Other Cubs Bullets
Willson Contreras Got Hurt Rounding Second Base and He’s Out of the Game (UPDATE: Actually, He’s Somehow Staying In?!)
Bears Training Camp Notes: Fields Thrives in Red Zone, Fullbacks and Tight Ends Shine, One DB Sleeper, More
Eberflus Speaks: Starters Playing Time Against Kansas City, Roquan Smith, Justin Fields, and Injury Updates
This Minor League Pitcher Used His Wheels to Turn One of the Weirdest and Wildest Double Plays You’ll See