There were only two games in the farm system yesterday, and the Cubs split them.
Looking ahead to today, though, there are a couple contests that you might keep an eye on. Adbert Alzolay is the scheduled starter for Iowa at home. That’s a 1:08 PM start, so if Alzolay is a late scratch in that game it could well be an indicator that news from Yu Darvish’s MRI isn’t great.
Meanwhile, Myrtle Beach plays host to a matchup between current Cubs’ pitching prospect Bryan Hudson and former Cubs’ pitching prospect Dylan Cease. Cease, in case you’ve forgotten, was part of the Quintana trade.
- Duane Underwood: 7 IP, 2 R, 4 H, 3 K
- Shae Simmons: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- Mike Freeman: 2 for 5
- Taylor Davis: 2 for 3
- Bijan Rademacher 1 for 3, BB
- David Bote: 2 for 3, BB
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
Tennessee had the day off.
High A: Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Myrtle Beach was rained out.
- Javier Assad: 5 IP, 4 R, 9 H, 1 BB, 7 K
- Enrique De Los Rios: 2 IP, 1 R (0 ER), 3 K
- Jhonny Bethencourt: 2 for 5
- Christian Donahue: 1 for 4, 2B, BB
- Austin Filiere: 2 for 5, 2B
- Nelson Velazquez: 2 for 3, BB
- The winning run for Iowacame on a sac fly by Bijan Rademacher that scored Mike Freeman, but that play had been setup when Freeman went from first to third on a sac bunt by Taylor Davis.
- The Tennessee Smokies had no game scheduled yesterday, and they were not alone. As it turns out, the entire Southern League took off for Memorial Day.