The Little Boy made me dinner last night – a salad of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, apples, and blueberries, put together in a bowl. It was an extremely sweet gesture, as I do generally like those things … individually. The catch was that he insisted, his face glowing with pride, that I eat the salad right there in front of him. How could I not? I ate a number of individual pieces as he smiled. After that, he had no questions for me, on returning from a quick trip out of the room, about how it was that I ate all of the rest of it so quickly in those intervening 15 seconds.
- I guess this is better than not being aware of the Instagram post from his first child’s mother (in which she alleges, among other things, that he paid her child support in rolls of quarters and dollar bills), and not being aware of the detailed allegations from his ex-wife Melisa Reidy:
— The Athletic (@TheAthleticCHI) December 19, 2018
- I think the Cubs appear likely to not respond to this latest round of information publicly, and instead will simply continue on their course of saying they are trying to help in a broader sense, and also hold Russell accountable for his progress. He has been tendered a contract for 2019, though he can be released before the season begins for 30 days termination pay (or 45, depending on the timing). He is suspended for the first 28 games of the season.
- On the bench coach front, the Cubs are still working on it:
Cubs in process of interviewing candidates for the job, with Ross, DeRosa out. Not close to a hire yet. https://t.co/7mqBxkS4mc
— Gordon Wittenmyer (@GDubCub) December 19, 2018
- Yu Darvish shared a video of himself throwing yesterday, and he later added (I think) that he’s doing so pain-free:
— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) December 19, 2018
- Saying that Kyle Hendricks is a command/control guy is kinda like saying Michelangelo was a painter/sculptor guy. Sure, it’s true, but it doesn’t quite capture the majesty of his work:
2018 PitchingNinja "I can't believe these are 2 pitches" Tunneling Award. 🏆
Kyle Hendricks: 87mph Sinker and 78mph Changeup. 🤯 pic.twitter.com/WE5XpyAHfD
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) December 20, 2018
- Look at this young guy:
— MBDChicago (@MBDChicago) December 19, 2018
- NFL gear, toys, and a dirt cheap Ninja blender are among the last minute deals at Amazon today.