Much love to you and yours this weekend. I hope you’re safe, I hope you’re finding new ways to have fun, and I hope you aren’t driving yourselves crazy.
- There’s a question circulating social media that might give you a fun diversion for a few minutes:
First stadium: _________
Last stadium: _________
Best stadium: _________
Worst stadium: ________
- I’ll put mine down in the comments.
- Javy Báez is staying warm by facing some Major League heat:
It's kind of baseball! I'll take it! Javy Báez staying warm by facing Jose Berrios. pic.twitter.com/NYFCQIjro2
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) March 28, 2020
- Looking forward to rooting for this guy on the Cubs, not only because it’s a comeback and he seems like a good dude, but also because he has the cojones to pull of these dance moves and challenge Mike freaking Trout:
— Steven Souza Jr. (@SouzaJr) March 28, 2020
- Ian Happ, Nico Hoerner, Zack Short, and Dakota Mekkes have gotten together for a podcast:
— Ian Happ (@ihapp_1) March 28, 2020
- It is weird and sad and scary when you increasingly see Covid-19 connections to the world you know in other contexts:
Thinking of our friend, Jim Edmonds, and hoping he starts feeling better soon! https://t.co/12GzfWZzzq
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) March 28, 2020
This News of Webby really has been Tough! He is such an incredible person and a heart of Gold! He loves Baseball, Loves Teaching, and LOVES his Players! You always see the joy on his Face at the Ballpark! I know he will fight like hell! pic.twitter.com/RU3UUM86KL
— Will MacNeil (@RFWill149) March 28, 2020
- Things we may have lost, for now, to the shutdown:
https://t.co/TVdnNzROx5 There was stuff we were watiing all winter for and didn’t get on Opening Day or any time soon now.
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) March 28, 2020
- This is kind of amazing, given the financial crisis at the moment:
Sports may have shut down but that hasn’t stopped the effort to sell the New York Mets. My story https://t.co/t1HgCvQXb0
— Daniel Kaplan (@KaplanSportsBiz) March 27, 2020
- I mean, how desperate must the Wilpons be to sell if they’re still trying to pull it off at a time when potential buyers have lost 20% of their wealth over the last month? Surely they will not get the $2.6 billion purchase price they sought.
- I can see it:
Just gonna leave this right here. pic.twitter.com/DIjoxE8wYU
— Corey Freedman (@CFCubsRelated) March 29, 2020
- Amazon’s best-selling books right now might give you some ideas for home activities. #ad