Our heat went out the night before last, which meant we had a really cold night. We have only one space heater, so we gave it to The Littlest Girl for her room. Dang if that room didn’t feel AMAZING when I went in to get her this morning. You’re welcome, child.
• It was a short season that ended disappointingly, but it’s not like it was wholly without some really enjoyable moments. So when FOX MLB asked the favorite moment from the 2020 season, I think there are definitely some Cubs moments that come to mind immediately:
— Cubs Insider (@realcubsinsider) November 16, 2020
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) November 16, 2020
• If you count an entire no-hitter as a “moment,” then I think Alec Mills’s historically unique no-hitter would be right up there with those two as the clear top three from the Cubs season. Javy Báez’s socially-distanced walk-off early on was fun. That time Yu Darvish dropped his glove mid pitch and still threw a strike was fun. Oh, when Javy just kept on going and stole home on the witless Brewers, that was fun, too. Am I missing any other big and obvious ones?
• As Tommy Birch says, nothing is finalized yet, but this would be the expected outcome for the 39-year AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs:
No official announcement yet. But I’ve spoken to people from the Chicago Cubs and Iowa Cubs. Expectation is that Iowa will remain the Triple-A affiliate for Chicago.
— Tommy Birch (@TommyBirch) November 16, 2020
• The reality is that, geographically, there aren’t many AAA-caliber locations that would make more sense for the Cubs and that would become available. Throw in the long-standing relationship and the ability to keep a foothold in the Iowa market, and it just makes sense that the Cubs would stick with Iowa. That said, nothing was a given (and, again, this isn’t final). We’re going to see significant changes to minor league baseball next year, and that’ll include surprising affiliation and league-level changes around baseball.
• Fun note on the Hall of Fame voting this year:
And here's that 1988-95 streak
1988 Willie Stargell
1989 Johnny Bench, Carl Yastrzemski
1990 Jim Palmer, Joe Morgan
1991 Rod Carew
1992 Tom Seaver
1993 Reggie Jackson
1994 Steve Carlton
1995 Mike Schmidt https://t.co/SkVY6qtnC3
— James Smyth (@JamesSmyth621) November 16, 2020
• I just enjoy this a lot:
• Laptops, board games, Roomba, fish tanks, toys, and much more are your early Black Friday deals at Amazon today. #ad