Mike Trout may be the worst fantasy commish on the face of the earth, but his league is nothing to play around with!
Orioles In-Fighting …
Imagine fighting to own the Baltimore Orioles … Jokes aside that’s a real thing right now. According to a report from Tim Prudente and Justin Fenton of The Baltimore Banner Louis Angelos is suing his brother John Angelos. Both of the owners of the Orioles are the sons of 92-year-old Peter Angelos.
Essentially this is a domestic power struggle over ownership, and more importantly, control over the franchise that the family has owned since 1993.
John, the controlling owner, released a statement about reports of the quarrel on the Orioles’ Twitter account this morning rebuffing the dispute and power balance change.
The Infamous Fantasy Football League
Remember when Tommy Pham slapped Joc Pederson a couple weeks ago over … fantasy football? Yeah, then it came out that Mike Trout was the commish of the league, and apparently not a very good one.
While we all find this very silly, Trout disclosed on last night’s Sunday Night Baseball broadcast that while the league has only been around for one season, it’s pretty high stakes, with a $10,000 buy-in.
I guess I would take it pretty seriously too. Trout revealed that Houston Astros’ third baseman Alex Bregman was that champion in the league’s inaugural year.
More from the New York Post:
“Fire Tony (Clap-Clap-Clap)”
You all know I’m a White Sox guy (#BN_WhiteSux), but this situation on the Southside has reached the breaking point. After Tony La Russa was out-managed on Saturday, and the White Sox blew a five-run lead and then went down big in extras, the Southside crowd began to voice their opinion loudly at the ballpark.
Sunday wasn’t any better. Even after the Southside fateful let everyone know how much they don’t like TLR in the dugout, the White Sox still couldn’t beat the lowly Rangers despite having the go-ahead run at third with one out in the seventh inning.
Oh, and to make matters worse …
It doesn’t stop with this team. But back to the Tony chants. Despite the Phillies winning nine in a row after firing Joe Girardi, these chants will fall on deaf ears. Jerry Reinsdorf won’t be firing his buddy any time soon, regardless of what the fans want.
But Maybe Be Patient?
One thing I’ve seen on White Sox Twitter is people saying pump the brakes on firing Tony La Russa because the Braves were under .500 last season and then went on to win the World Series. The Braves started this season slow too, but now they’re riding an 11-game winning streak and are just 5.5 games behind the 40-win New York Mets.
While I’ll see your point, I’ll say this … the White Sox aren’t the Braves. Not even close. So, while it’s cool as heck that the Braves are scorching hot and doing their thing, I think it’s unfair to draw parallels to the White Sox or vice versa.
Odds & Ends …
- Edwin Diaz emptied the tank with this 102 mph fastball on Sunday!
- Rob Refsnyder with a heck of a grab!
- It must be the uniforms! The Angels debuted these sweet uniforms on Sunday night, and Jared Walsh decided to make it memorable by hitting for the cycle!
- It’s a New York state of mind in the MLB these days. The Mets and the Yankees are the only two teams in baseball to reach 40 wins thus far.
- It was a very rough afternoon for the Cubs in The Bronx on Sunday. Frank Schwindel was the unfortunate beneficiary of this Yankees bomb off the bat of catcher Kyle Higashioka.
- Just when we thought that Matt Carpenter was all washed up …
- Miguel Cabrera is a sure-fire Hall of Famer, and his 3,000 hits and 500 home runs are plenty of reasons why. I still remember watching Miggy in the 2003 World Series with the Marlins when they upset the Yankees, and he was just a star in the making!
- Can you say PFP!? Zach Plesac made an insane play for the Cleveland Guardians on Sunday!