Fantasy Football Expert Justin Edwards looks at the current Fantasy Football Defense rankings and projections for Week 3.
“After two full weeks of NFL action, there are a number of surprises in the fantasy football landscape, and the Defense rankings are reflecting that.”
2023 Fantasy Football Defense Rankings
*As always, the projections and rankings are courtesy of 4for4’s Fantasy Football Defense rankings!
4for4 is home to the most accurate rankings since 2010! Sync your fantasy football league and stay ahead with custom cheat sheets, advanced tools, and data-driven content.
- Most Accurate Rankings & Projections
- Custom Rankings, Cheat Sheets & Top 200
- Unlimited Access to Season-Long Tools & Reports
Fantasy Football D/ST Rankings, Who Should I Add Off Waiver Wires:
The Kansas City Chiefs were the highest recommended D/ST waiver wire pickup this week.
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Rostered in 39% of Yahoo leagues
Overbidding for Kansas City’s defense this week will allow you to use them in back-to-back games against Justin Fields and Zach Wilson.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Rostered in 15% of Yahoo leagues
Opposing defenses against the Texans have finished as the D/ST8 (Week 1) and D/ST7 (Sunday) through two games given the team’s abundance of injuries in the trenches, allowing 11 sacks in that time.
3. Detroit Lions – Rostered in 9% of Yahoo leagues
Lions offer a high floor as 3.5-point favorites at home over Desmond Ridder, who has eaten an above-average sack rate (9.1%, 12th) and coughed up two turnovers through Week 2.
Read John Daigle’s full Week 3 Waiver Wire Watch
What is another Matchup to Exploit in the Fantasy Football Defense Rankings?
The Browns stick out with a positive matchup during Week 3.
The Titans’ offensive line had issues with rookie first-round pick Peter Skoronski, and things only got worse with him out of the lineup.
The 11th-overall selection in the 2023 NFL Draft missed the Week 2 matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers to undergo a “medical procedure,” and there is still no update on his timeline for a return. In his place, Xavier Newman got the start but lasted only five snaps before allowing a sack and being replaced by Dillon Radunz, who would then allow three more pressures.
Through two weeks, the Titans have a 28th-ranked 12.2% adjusted sack rate after coming out of the offseason as the only team in the NFL to return only a single starter from the previous season (center Aaron Brewer).
The O-Line unit is predictably taking some time to gel, and that process is likely to make them a team to target through much of the season. Heading to Cleveland on Sunday afternoon to take on Myles Garrett and Za’Darius Smith will be a recipe for D/ST fantasy points.
*Read Justin Edwards’ full O-Line Rankings and Matchups to Exploit: Week 3*
Who are some Week 3 Fantasy Defenses to avoid?
Some options who have fallen out of the top-20 Fantasy Football Rankings include: the Las Vegas Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, and the Houston Texans.
For more advice on who to start check out the Fantasy Football DST Rankings Week 3 to compare the following defense pairings
- Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars
- Miami Dolphins or New York Jets
- New York Jets or Cleveland Browns
- Cleveland Browns or Cincinnati Bengals
- Cincinnati Bengals or Cleveland Browns
- Miami Dolphins or New Orleans Saints
- Houston Texans or Miami Dolphins
- New Orleans Saints or Tennessee Titans
- Cleveland Browns or Pittsburgh Steelers
- Baltimore Ravens or New England Patriots
- New England Patriots or Indianapolis Colts
- Los Angeles Chargers or Green Bay Packers
- Miami Dolphins or Las Vegas Raiders