Fantasy Football Expert Justin Edwards looks at the current Fantasy Football Defense rankings and projections for Week 10.
“After nine full weeks of NFL action, there are a number of surprises in the fantasy football landscape, and the Defense rankings are reflecting that.”
2023 Fantasy Football Defense Rankings
*As always, the projections and rankings are courtesy of 4for4’s Fantasy Football Defense rankings!
4for4 is home to the most accurate rankings since 2010! Sync your fantasy football league and stay ahead with custom cheat sheets, advanced tools, and data-driven content.
- Most Accurate Rankings & Projections
- Custom Rankings, Cheat Sheets & Top 200
- Unlimited Access to Season-Long Tools & Reports
Fantasy Football D/ST Rankings, Who Should I Add Off Waiver Wires:
The Washington Commanders were the highest recommended D/ST waiver wire pickup this week.
1. Washington Commanders – Rostered in 24% of Yahoo leagues
Geno Smith has reverted back into a pumpkin since Seattle’s bye, compiling six interceptions and three fumbles in his last four games (compared to one interception in his first four). Sprinkle more on the Commanders here for a Week 11 start against the Giants.
2. Green Bay Packers – Rostered in 23% of Yahoo leagues
3. Las Vegas Raiders – Rostered in 14% of Yahoo leagues
4. Chicago Bears – Rostered in 1% of Yahoo leagues
Chicago had shown competency on defense before giving the Saints multiple short-field drives with five turnovers, finishing as a top-12 unit in 3-of-4 games before Sunday. Bryce Young offers the Bears an opportunity to bounce back.
Read John Daigle’s full Week 10 Waiver Wire Watch
What is another Matchup to Exploit in the Fantasy Football Defense Rankings?
The Green Bay Packers stick out with a positive matchup during Week 10.
The Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line has had a moderate upward trajectory through the season, but that certainly doesn’t mean they don’t have exploitable pieces of their puzzle.
The guard play of James Daniels and offseason addition Isaac Seumalo have been the main strength of the line, but the other three options have shown their warts when available this season.
Left tackle Dan Moore Jr. currently ranks 60th out of 70 qualifying tackles in blown block percentage (5.1%), and there is somewhat of a rotation forming on the other side of the line, as Chukwuma Okorafor was benched last week for massive rookie Broderick Jones.
The key piece to this matchup will be interior defensive lineman Kenny Clark taking on center Mason Cole, but it’s worth noting that Clark sat out the second half of the team’s Week 9 win with a shoulder issue.
No definite word on that front at the time of writing, but there is a lot of positivity surrounding his availability. Edge rushers Rashan Gary and Preston Smith—who have combined for nine sacks and 51 pressures this season—are able to cause enough havoc to give the Packers D/ST a fantasy floor this week.
*Read Justin Edwards’ full O-Line Rankings and Matchups to Exploit: Week 10*
Who are some Week 10 Fantasy Defenses to avoid?
Some options who have fallen out of the top-20 Fantasy Football Defense Rankings include: the Los Angeles Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, and Denver Broncos.
For more advice on who to start check out the Fantasy Football DST Rankings Week 10 to compare the following defense pairings
- Chicago Bears vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots
- Chicago Bears vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Carolina Panthers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New Orleans Saints
- Washington Commanders vs. New Orleans Saints
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Chicago Bears vs. Seattle Seahawks