- First up, we’ve got Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars heading to Arrowhead to take on the Chiefs at 3:30 pm ct. Jacksonville has been quite the Cinderella story the last month and a half, but will the clock strike midnight on them at Arrowhead? My gut tells me yes. But last year’s Cinderella playoff team came within a drive of beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. And they had to go through the Chiefs at Arrowhead to do it, so you never know.
- Yesterday I previewed the Chiefs-Jaguars game and looked at paths to victory for both teams with some film to illustrate:
- In the nightcap, the Giants are taking on the Eagles in Philadelphia. Will the third time be the charm for the Giants against the Eagles this season? The Giants looked good last weekend in Minnesota, but Philadelphia is a different animal than the Vikings. Especially if the extra week of rest did well by Jalen Hurts. Hurts looked rusty in Week 18 after missing time, and I think the key for Philly will be getting up on the Giants early.
- Matt broke down the Giants-Eagles game yesterday and discussed paths to victory for each team in his divisional preview story:
- If the Giants are to have a shot at upsetting the Eagles, an unlikely hero will probably play a big part in it. I wrote about Giants wide receiver Isaiah Hodgins yesterday. In months, Hodgins went from a practice squad afterthought in Buffalo to the Giants’ new WR1 in the playoffs. It’s a pretty cool story.
- We have a coaching hire this morning! Tom Pelissero reports that the Titans will hire former Bears defensive back Chris Harris as their defensive pass game coordinator/cornerbacks coach.
- Harris spent the past three years with the Washington Commanders and is expected to become a defensive coordinator candidate in the coming seasons.
- Harris was a candidate for the same position with the Bears after they put in a request to interview him. Ideally, that would have been to replace former secondary coach James Rowe.
- However, with Harris taking the gig in Washington, the Bears search continues. As Luis wrote earlier this week, the Bears have requested to speak with Jerry Gray, a Packers defensive assistant.
- In other coaching carousel news, Browns OL coach Bill Callahan will be sticking around in Cleveland with a new contract extension. Callahan turned down an interview with the Jets for their vacant OC position.
- Also, Indianapolis has interviewed Packers’ special teams coach Rich Bisaccia, for their head coaching vacancy. Bisaccia was the interim head coach in Vegas after Jon Gruden was fired last season. Honestly, the Raiders probably would have been better off with Bisaccia over McDaniels.
- It’s going to be a cold and wet affair in Kansas City today:
- After I grab some brunch with the kids, I’ll have the divisional round injury report and pre-gamin for the Chiefs-Jags up in this space. I’ll also have game stories on both games today and highlights and commentary on Twitter, so follow along if the NFL playoffs are your thing.
- And I try to remain perfect during the divisional round playoffs with my NFL playoff picks after a 6-0 Wild Card Weekend!
- What in the world was going on in Memphis last night!?
A 2007 Bears Flashback, Let’s Learn from the Jags, Zay Getting His Flowers, Anderson vs. Carter, and Other Bears Bullets
Increasing Trade Talk, McCabe’s Value, Prospect Highlights, Korchinski the Hype Man, and Other Blackhawks Bullets