Cardinals Reportedly Getting New Uniforms, Bezos Still Alive in Commanders Sweepstakes, and Other NFL Bullets
Good morning! It’s not as warm as yesterday, but the sun is shining here in the Chicagoland area, and the Masters is underway. So I’ll be watching that at my desk today. Oh, and we’ll be at HVAC Pub in Wrigleyville this evening. Limited space is available for tonight’s event if you’re free! Grab your tickets here:
- We’ll start with something fun today. The Arizona Cardinals will be donning a new look in 2023. Kyle Odegard of Compare.bet reported on Wednesday that the Cardinals will get a new look next season.
- The Cardinals have been wearing their current look since 2005. Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill was asked during an appearance on Arizona Sports 98.7 last year about the possibility of a uniform change: “We look at all these things. You probably know, these things, there’s a timeline for them. It takes time,” Bidwill said. “Among the array of things we look at around the team, it’s on the radar. We’re going to honor tradition at the same time. It’s part of the array of things we look at. It’s on the radar screen.”
- If Odegard’s report is correct, the NFL Draft seems perfect for the team to unveil their new digs. The Cardinals have the third pick in the draft (unless they trade it), so having their newest player holding the new jersey in Kansas City would be perfect.
- There are some pretty sweet mock-ups on Twitter. Here is a couple:
- Could Amazon founder Jeff Bezos still be in play for the Washington Commanders? A story by Theodore Schleifer of puck.news says that Bezos is still in play for the NFL franchise: “If you fucking tell me that Bezos puts in a bid that is $250 million more than anybody else and Dan won’t take it, you’re smoking dope,” an unnamed person “who knows Snyder well” told Schleifer. “Dan will give Bezos a piggyback ride around the building on opening day next year for $250 million, OK?”
- Schleifer says that regardless of Snyder’s reported beef with Bezos, money talks. According to Schleifer’s source, if Bezos were to outbid the $6 billion offers on the table by Josh Harris and Steve Apostolopoulos, Snyder would take it. According to A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports, a winning bid could be chosen by May 22.
- Miami Dolphins wide receiver will return to Arrowhead Stadium in 2023, and he’s looking forward to the revenge game against the Chiefs. Hill said he will have to “throw up the peace sign” against the Chiefs in their 2023 meeting. In a podcast with former teammates Anthony Sherman and Gehrig Dieter, Hill also spoke about his future in the NFL.
- Hill said that he’s “going for 10 [seasons]” and then hanging his spikes up. “I’m gonna finish out this contract with the Dolphins, and then I’m gonna call it quits. I want to go into the business side. I want to do so many things in my life, bro.”
- You can read more about that here:
- Lol, what!?
- That’s going to be a hard pass for me …
- This, however, if flipping AWESOME news!
Jameis Winston Says He’s Still a Starter in the NFL, Stroud Impresses, Levis Struggles, and Other NFL Bullets
49ers Encouraged by Brock Purdy’s Throwing Session, Mac Jones on Bill O’Brien, and Other NFL Bullets
Jimmy Garoppolo and ‘Addendum G,’ DeAndre Hopkins’ Thoughts, CMC’s Charity Event, and Other NFL Bullets