Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft: Chargers Get Justin Herbert a Weapon
The Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft will be a running mock draft that spans between now and round one of the NFL Draft. Each of the 31 picks (Miami forfeited their first-round pick due to tampering) will get a dedicated post. Here’s how it’ll work:
- Every pick in the Mock Draft gets its own post. We will do one or two picks per day.
- We will link back to previous posts with a running draft recap.
- This feature will not include trades and will cover the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
The Chargers are on the clock in the Bleacher Nation NFL Mock Draft …
The Pick Is In
WR Jordan Addison — USC
Justin Herbert is a star quarterback on the verge of a mega-extension. Los Angeles would be wise to maximize his talent with playmakers around him. USC wide receiver Jordan Addison fits the bill. A savvy route-running receiver who could be an immediate playmaker and Rookie of the Year candidate with Hebert throwing him the ball and new OC Kellen Moore calling the plays.
Jordan Addison started his collegiate career as Kenny Pickett’s favorite target at Pitt. During his sophomore season with Pickett, Addison had 100 catches for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns as a sophomore to win the Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s top receiver.
After Pickett departed for the NFL, Addison transferred to USC. He finished his 2022 season with 59 catches for 875 yards and eight touchdowns in 11 games. He showed off his explosive play-making potential against UCLA with an 11-catch, 178-yard performance and averaged nearly 15 yards per reception in 2022.
Addison’s 5-foot-11, 170-pound frame is a touch on the undersized side of things in the NFL, but he makes up for it with crisp route running, great footwork, and route transitions. Those skills allow him to be a menace on outs and dig routes, which can help balance the Chargers’ offense.
Final Thoughts: Addison is a slippery and fast-twitched wide receiver that falls right behind Jaxon Smith-Njigba in this class, as far as I’m concerned. Zay Flowers and Quentin Johnson have more explosive play potential. Still, Addison fits what the Chargers need better in this spot.
Bleacher Nation’s 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Carolina Panthers (via CHI) — QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- Houston Texans — QB Bryce Young, Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals — EDGE Will Anderson Jr., Alabama
- Indianapolis Colts — QB Anthony Richardson, Florida
- Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) — DT Jalen Carter, Georgia
- Detroit Lions (via LAR) — EDGE Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech
- Las Vegas Raiders — QB Will Levis, Kentucky
- Atlanta Falcons — EDGE Myles Murphy, Clemson
- Chicago Bears (via CAR) — CB Devon Witherspoon, Illinois
- Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) — DT Calijah Kancey, Pitt
- Tennessee Titans — T Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State
- Houston Texans (via CLE) — WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
- New York Jets — T Broderick Jones, Georgia
- New England Patriots — CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
- Green Bay Packers — TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah
- Washington Commanders — CB Deonte Banks, Maryland
- Pittsburgh Steelers — CB Joey Porter Jr., Penn State
- Detroit Lions — CB Kelee Ringo, Georgia
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — S Brian Branch, Alabama
- Seattle Seahawks — EDGE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
- Los Angeles Chargers — WR Jordan Addison, USC
- Baltimore Ravens
- Minnesota Vikings
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- New York Giants
- Dallas Cowboys
- Buffalo Bills
- Cincinnati Bengals
- New Orleans Saints (via SF)
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Kansas City Chiefs