Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft: Cowboys Land a Longhorn
The Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft will be a running mock draft that spans between now and round one of the NFL Draft. Each of the 31 picks (Miami forfeited their first-round pick due to tampering) will get a dedicated post. Here’s how it’ll work:
- Every pick in the Mock Draft gets its own post. We will do one or two picks per day.
- We will link back to previous posts with a running draft recap.
- This feature will not include trades and will cover the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
The Cowboys are on the clock in the Bleacher Nation NFL Mock Draft …
The Pick Is In
RB Bijan Robinson — Texas
Dallas said goodbye to Ezekiel Elliott during free agency. Tony Pollard is coming off of a broken leg and will play 2023 under the franchise tag. Some believe that Pollard is better served as a complementary back. So, if the Cowboys could land Bijan Robinson here, that would give Dallas that two-headed threat in the backfield. It would also provide them some insurance if Pollard doesn’t recover well from his injury.
Robinson is a three-down back that is equally explosive and elusive. He packs an explosive punch into his 5-foot-10, 215-pound frame. His 40-yard dash, broad jump, and vertical jump are all north of the 80th percentile.
Robinson won the Doak Walker Award and consensus All-American honors after rushing for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2022. He hit the 100-yard mark in nine of his final 10 games and led the country with 104 missed tackles forced. He has knee-bending elusiveness, making it look like you’re controlling a create-a-player on Madden NFL.
Robinson racked up 3,410 yards and 33 touchdowns on the ground while adding 60 catches for 805 yards and another eight scores through the air.
Final Thoughts: Bijan Robinson is a top-five talent in this draft. Still, the running back position isn’t valued highly enough to see him go inside the top five or maybe even the top ten. If Robinson falls into the bottom third, the Cowboys wouldn’t be able to pass up on him, especially with Zeke’s days in Dallas over.
Bleacher Nation’s 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Carolina Panthers (via CHI) — QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- Houston Texans — QB Bryce Young, Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals — EDGE Will Anderson Jr., Alabama
- Indianapolis Colts — QB Anthony Richardson, Florida
- Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) — DT Jalen Carter, Georgia
- Detroit Lions (via LAR) — EDGE Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech
- Las Vegas Raiders — QB Will Levis, Kentucky
- Atlanta Falcons — EDGE Myles Murphy, Clemson
- Chicago Bears (via CAR) — CB Devon Witherspoon, Illinois
- Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) — DT Calijah Kancey, Pitt
- Tennessee Titans — T Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State
- Houston Texans (via CLE) — WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
- New York Jets — T Broderick Jones, Georgia
- New England Patriots — CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
- Green Bay Packers — TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah
- Washington Commanders — CB Deonte Banks, Maryland
- Pittsburgh Steelers — CB Joey Porter Jr., Penn State
- Detroit Lions — CB Kelee Ringo, Georgia
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — S Brian Branch, Alabama
- Seattle Seahawks — EDGE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
- Los Angeles Chargers — WR Jordan Addison, USC
- Baltimore Ravens — WR Zay Flowers, Boston College
- Minnesota Vikings — QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
- Jacksonville Jaguars — T/G Peter Skoronski, Northwestern
- New York Giants — WR Quentin Johnston, TCU
- Dallas Cowboys — RB Bijan Robinson, Texas
- Buffalo Bills
- Cincinnati Bengals
- New Orleans Saints (via SF)
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Kansas City Chiefs