Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft: Jaguars Give Trevor Lawrence Some Protection
The Bleacher Nation NFL 2023 Mock Draft will be a running mock draft that spans between now and round one of the NFL Draft. Each of the 31 picks (Miami forfeited their first-round pick due to tampering) will get a dedicated post. Here’s how it’ll work:
- Every pick in the Mock Draft gets its own post. We will do one or two picks per day.
- We will link back to previous posts with a running draft recap.
- This feature will not include trades and will cover the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
The Jaguars are on the clock in the Bleacher Nation NFL Mock Draft …
The Pick Is In
T/G Peter Skoronski — Northwestern
I almost went with Clemson’s Bryan Breese here, but the Jaguars need some help on the offensive line. Jacksonville ranked 31st in team pass block win rate and 29th in team run block win rate per ESPN Stats and Info.
In addition, Jacksonville lost Jawaan Taylor to the Chiefs via free agency, and Brandon Scherff played his worst season at right guard for the Jaguars in 2022. So, there’s a need for the interior and outside positions on the right side for the Jaguars.
Whether Skoronski plays inside or outside is up to the NFL team that drafts him. He lacks height and arm length, but there’s nothing else wrong with his game. He could be a top-ten pick. Heck, he might be a top-ten pick. He slid down to 24th in this mock draft; he might be higher in my next one (dropping next week).
Skoronski is quick off the ball and does a great job keeping blocks centered and sustained and rarely in a compromised position. He plays with a low center of gravity and balanced base, showing a smooth and efficient kick step.
What Skoronski lacks in the height and length department, he makes up for it with his smarts and attention to detail. Unfortunately, he’s compromised against long and athletic rushers on the edge. Still, I think he’ll be an excellent interior pass blocker at the NFL level.
Final Thoughts: If Skoronski wants to stick at tackle, he’ll have a shot with Jawaan Taylor leaving a hole. But, if he doesn’t make it there and Scherff continues to struggle, the Jaguars can slide him over to the interior.
Bleacher Nation’s 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- Carolina Panthers (via CHI) — QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State
- Houston Texans — QB Bryce Young, Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals — EDGE Will Anderson Jr., Alabama
- Indianapolis Colts — QB Anthony Richardson, Florida
- Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) — DT Jalen Carter, Georgia
- Detroit Lions (via LAR) — EDGE Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech
- Las Vegas Raiders — QB Will Levis, Kentucky
- Atlanta Falcons — EDGE Myles Murphy, Clemson
- Chicago Bears (via CAR) — CB Devon Witherspoon, Illinois
- Philadelphia Eagles (via NO) — DT Calijah Kancey, Pitt
- Tennessee Titans — T Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State
- Houston Texans (via CLE) — WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
- New York Jets — T Broderick Jones, Georgia
- New England Patriots — CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon
- Green Bay Packers — TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah
- Washington Commanders — CB Deonte Banks, Maryland
- Pittsburgh Steelers — CB Joey Porter Jr., Penn State
- Detroit Lions — CB Kelee Ringo, Georgia
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — S Brian Branch, Alabama
- Seattle Seahawks — EDGE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
- Los Angeles Chargers — WR Jordan Addison, USC
- Baltimore Ravens — WR Zay Flowers, Boston College
- Minnesota Vikings — QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
- Jacksonville Jaguars — T/G Peter Skoronski, Northwestern
- New York Giants
- Dallas Cowboys
- Buffalo Bills
- Cincinnati Bengals
- New Orleans Saints (via SF)
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Kansas City Chiefs