Randall Cobb is Reportedly Joining Aaron Rodgers in New York
Videos of Aaron Rodgers practicing with the Jets have been the buzz on social media this week. And soon enough in those videos, Rodgers will be joined by his old pal and wide receiver, Randall Cobb. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Cobb is expected to agree to a one-year deal with the Jets, reuniting him with Aaron Rodgers once again.
Cobb and Rodgers walked off the field together after a loss to the Lions in Week 18 of the 2022 season, marking their final exit from Lambeau Field in a Packers uniform. However, they will have at least one more season together in New York.
Randall Cobb caught 34 passes for 417 yards and a touchdown last year. Cobb logged 532 catches for 6,316 yards and 47 touchdowns over 130 total games with Green Bay. In addition to signing Cobb, the Jets added former Packer Allen Lazard. New York also added wide receiver Mecole Hardman in free agency. Cobb and Lazard join Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, and Denzel Mims are the Jets’ receivers heading into 2023.
Here’s what the Jets’ depth chart looks like after the draft and the reported Cobb signing:
- QB: Aaron Rodgers, Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle
- RB: Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Israel Abanikanda (rookie), Zonovan Knight
- WR: Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, Mecole Hardman, Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Randall Cobb
- TE: Tyler Conklin, C.J. Uzomah
- OT: Duane Brown, Mekhi Becton, Max Mitchell
- OG: Laken Tomlinson, Alijah Vera-Tucker
- C: Joe Tippmann (rookie), Connor McGovern