Ohio sports betting is live as of January 1, 2023. FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio has entered the state and is taking wagers. Ohio bettors can place bets through FanDuel on their mobile sports betting app as well as in retail locations.
FanDuel applied for an Ohio sports betting license in the fall of 2022 and the Ohio Casino Control Commission approved their request. Offers and promotions are available to claim as sports betting launched in Ohio and you can check those out on the FanDuel app.
Here is everything you need to know about any FanDuel promo code and how to figure out if the sportsbook has a sign-up offer, sign-up bonus, welcome bonus, and more. Find out what offers to take advantage of before you fill up your bet slip.
FanDuel Ohio Promo Code
If you’re a new player in the sports betting market, you should know that FanDuel Sportsbook has promotional offers constantly running over the course of the year. Be sure to keep up with the latest news after you have signed up for your FanDuel Ohio account.
You commonly see the FanDuel Ohio Sportsbook offer a promotion or bonus around major sporting events during the year. For example, events like the Super Bowl, The Masters, March Madness, and more.
You will see promotions commonly offered for new signups or around major sporting events during the year such as the Super Bowl, March Madness, and the beginning of the college football season. Ohio residents should pay attention after they create a new account to reap the benefits of these sportsbook promotions.
How to Sign Up on FanDuel Ohio
The sports betting bill in Ohio has opened the door for new users to register for a new FanDuel account. Sports betting is finally legal and you can download apps or sign up online for sportsbooks. Here are a few steps to follow so you can become a FanDuel customer:
- FanDuel Sportsbook is available by visiting their online sportsbook or downloading the FanDuel Ohio mobile app. It launched in the Buckeye State and you will also have the opportunity to visit retail locations to place bets in person. A FanDuel Sportsbook is expected to open in Cincinnati at the beginning of the new year.
- After downloading the app for the mobile sportsbook or visiting on the web, register and enter your personal information during the sign-up process This will include information such as your name, address, birthday, and more. This will allow FanDuel to confirm your identity which will allow you to use the FanDuel app or online sportsbook.
- A geolocation tracker will then confirm if you are located in the state of Ohio. You won’t be able to place your first bet at FanDuel unless you are in a state in which sports gambling is legal. Your account will only work in states where FanDuel is live and operational.
- After you finish registering for a FanDuel Sportsbook account and follow that up by confirming your location, you can place your first wager. Even if you use a sportsbook promo code to sign up, be sure to keep up to date on the latest offers and promotions throughout the year. You will see the sportsbook dish out a FanDuel Ohio bonus on more than one occasion.
Latest on FanDuel Ohio Promo Code Offer
As Ohio online sports betting begins, popular sports betting apps like FanDuel are dishing out great promotions for new signups. Let’s look at the latest FanDuel Sports sportsbook offers as you prepare to make your first bet.
FanDuel Sportsbook is giving Ohio bettors a nice promo offer if they download and register in their app. New users can receive a “No Sweat First Bet” up to $3,000. This means if your first bet loses, FanDuel will put bet bonuses into your sportsbook account to cover the loss.
Here’s a little more information on the No Sweat Bet:
- Bonus funds and cashed-out wages are ineligible for this promotion.
- The maximum for this bonus is $3,000.
- There is a limit of one “No Sweat” bet per person.
- Your first bet with FanDuel will qualify. If you have multiple picks in one bet slip, it will be the first selection you make.
- If your wager loses, your bet credits will be awarded within 72 hours of the bet settlement.
Existing users will have a chance at a bonus on FanDuel throughout the year. Here are a few you will see now that FanDuel has launched in Ohio.
- Same Game Parlay Bet Bonus
- If you are familiar with FanDuel then you know about the Same-Game Parlay. This option gives users the chance to make multiple picks on one game for a shot at winning big. In the past, we have seen FanDuel dish out a bonus Same-Game Parlay for existing users. The max refund has been $10 and is refunded into your sportsbook account as a site credit.
- NFL Primetime Specials
- Throughout the NFL season, FanDuel has a list of Red Zone Specials for bettors to get their hands on. For example, you might see a prop at +650 Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, and Justin Herbert combining for 10+ passing TDs in one week.
- Weekly Odds Boosts
- Like many other online sportsbooks, FanDuel sports weekly odds boosts on games, events, and props. For example, the odds on FanDuel of Marvin Harrison Jr. scoring the first touchdown might be boosted from +150 to +250.
- Refer a Friend
- Like many other sportsbooks, you can use your referral link to get your friends to sign up. After you recruit someone to sign up, they need to use your referral link and make a deposit. Then, they must place at least a $10 wager within 28 days of registration, and then they can get a reward. If your friend follows these steps you receive $50 in bet bonuses. There is a limit of up to 10 referrals per person.
FanDuel Ohio Sports Betting Options
FanDuel Sportsbook is known for having a large selection of bet types for users to make. Here are some of the common bets you will see with the FanDuel online sportsbook or if you decide to visit a retail location in the state.
- Spread(Run line) – A margin of victory set by a sportsbook is called a point spread. You are betting on how much you will see the team win or lose by. The point spread allows bettors to wager on both teams with the same odds even if one is highly favored to win. For example, you bet on the Ohio State Buckeyes to cover the spread and they are -27.5 point favorites. For you to win the bet, the Buckeyes would have to win by 28 points or more.
- Totals – A total is also known as an over/under bet. This is based on the total number of combined points scored by both teams in a contest. For example, the over/under for the Cavaliers vs Pistons might be 220.5. If you think 220 or fewer points will be scored combined by both teams, you would bet the under.
- Moneyline – A type of wager in which a gambler bets on the result of an event. It’s one of the simplest forms of betting and doesn’t involve the total number of points won or lost by. All that matters is who ends up winning or losing the game.
- Parlays – In a parlay bet, a bettor wagers on the outcomes of multiple games or events. Now, if all of the bets are successful, the bettor wins the parlay and receives a higher payout. Parlays are popular as bettors are looking for a higher payout. Keep in mind, the more bets you add, the less probable it is that you will win.
- Prop bets – A prop is based on a specific outcome that takes place during a game. There are player and team props. For example, you might want to bet how many RBI Jose Ramirez will have for the Guardians in a game. The sportsbook might have the line at over/under 1.5 RBI.
- Futures – A future is a bet on a specific outcome that will happen at some point down the road. For example, you might place a futures bet on the Browns to win the Super Bowl at the end of the NFL season. If the Browns go on to win the Super Bowl, you would win the bet and receive a payout with the odds from when you placed the wager.
Special Features Available at Fanduel Sportsbook in Ohio
FanDuel is an extremely popular sportsbook. You can expect Ohio bettors to download the app, activate the FanDuel offers, and get busy placing wagers. The sportsbook has made a name for itself with FanDuel Fantasy and now it’s growing in the sports betting market. The sportsbook offers a few features that users will enjoy compared to other books.
FanDuel is known to run weekly specials and odd boosts for users to cash in. Ohio bettors might see FanDuel boost the odds of Joe Burrow having 2+ total touchdowns in a game from +110 to +130. The app and website have an odds boost page where you can keep up to date with all the best odds. The odds boosts tend to be a special parlay or prop on a particular game.
Same Game Parlays
The Same-Game Parlay allows you to put together several picks on one game for a chance at winning big money. You can combine bets such as spreads, totals, player props, and more together to create huge odds. There is the option to build your own or even select a popular pre-built option.
If you are looking for a wide selection of live betting from events all over the world, FanDuel is a great option. This is what many people would argue sets it apart from sportsbooks like DraftKings. FanDuel has odds/lines that are quickly updated for a great live-betting experience as you follow your favorite professional sports teams or even when you are keeping track of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Banking With FanDuel Sportsbook
If you are a new FanDuel user, you’re going to want to know about depositing and withdrawing your money. Here are the options if you have a FanDuel account.
Making a Deposit
You can’t make a sports bet without depositing money. Well, you could use a bet bonus. Let’s say your friend bets and 100 bonus credits have run out. Here is a list of options available to deposit your own money:
- Online bank account
- Major debit and credit cards
- Wire Transfer
- FanDuel PrePaid+
- Gift Card
- Cash at the counter (Retail Locations)
Cashing out your wins
FanDuel users can withdraw with many of the same methods used to make deposits. Some of the options are listed below:
- Online banking
- Debit Cards
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+
- Cash at the counter (Retail Locations)
A few final things to note:
- FanDuel has a minimum withdrawal of $25 but some of the methods above allow for a $10 minimum. Make sure you check with customer support for more details.
- Withdrawal requests can take up to 48 hours for approval.
- Once approved, Online Banking, Debit Card, Venmo, PayPal, and FanDuel Prepaid Play+ withdrawals will process in as little as one hour. It can sometimes take up to 5 business days.
- If you withdraw via check, it may take up to 14 business days after it has been approved for checks to be processed and mailed out.
FanDuel Ohio Sports Betting App Reviewed
The FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio app is extremely popular and it is highly rated in both the Apple and Google Play Stores. It’s known for its smooth sportsbook operations as it continues to gain popularity in each state that goes live.
The app has been downloaded over 1 million times in the Google Play Store with a 4.7 out of 5 rating. Over 134K people have reviewed the app. The iPhone app has solid reviews as well as it sports a 4.8 out of 5 rating with over 754K reviews.
Users on both of the popular platforms have noted the ease of use, promotions, and a vast amount of NFL bets available. There were some negative reviews talking about issues with logging in and certain promos not being awarded to accounts correctly. Those users said they had a decent experience after contacting customer support.
How to Download the FanDuel Sportsbook App
It’s a pretty simple process to download the FanDuel Sportsbook app on your mobile device. Follow these steps below:
- Start by opening the App Store on your iPhone or going into the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “FanDuel Sportsbook” in the app store.
- Select the FanDuel Sportsbook app from the search results and tap “Install” or “Get” to download the app to your device.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it and create an account to start using the app.
Pros & Cons of the FanDuel Ohio App
Overall, FanDuel has a strong sportsbook app with options and features that will draw in sports gamblers across the state of Ohio. Some of the pros of FanDuel are:
- The Same-Game Parlay and solid odds boosts give users a chance to win big.
- Live betting odds are known to be very quick as well as readily available. The sportsbook will include red and green trending arrows alerting you to how good or bad the line might be compared to where it was previously.
- Lots of sports markets like basketball, baseball, football, tennis, soccer, golf, hockey, boxing, motorsports, and more.
- Over 30 different NFL bet types in the form of spreads, totals, moneyline, alternate bets, and more.
Like any sportsbook app, FanDuel happens to have a few cons as well:
- Not as many bet options for every sport compared to other sportsbooks.
- A shorter list of withdrawal options by comparison.
- FanDuel lacks a loyalty or reward program for exclusive FanDuel bonuses and rewards.
- Issues in the past with geolocation and confirming you can use the mobile betting app or online sportsbook.
FanDuel Ohio Verdict: Our Expert Opinion on FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio
What online sports betting apps or legal retail sportsbooks you decide to use is entirely up to you. With that being said, after spending the time to review the FanDuel Sportsbook, it’s easy to see how it would be a good option for bettors now that we have sports betting legal in Ohio.
It has great promotions such as bet bonuses for new signups and the “No Sweat” first bet. As users begin their online sports betting in Ohio there will be many online sports betting operators to choose from. There will be a nice FanDuel welcome for those who want great live betting, same-game parlays, odds boosts, and more to choose from.
FanDuel also will have a retail sportsbook at Belterra Park in Cincinnati. FanDuel partnered with the Belterra Park Casino to give bettors in Ohio a venue for placing wagers and watching games.
FanDuel Ohio FAQs
FanDuel has a lot of different markets to choose from. You can bet on professional and college sports as well as major international events like the World Cup. Check with customer support if you have questions about a specific bet type or sport on the platform.
Besides its large offering of bet types and sports, FanDuel is known for live betting and having the popular same-game parlay. Users reviewing the sportsbook have also complemented its mobile sports betting app.
You can take advantage of the “No Sweat” bet. It’s a bonus bet of up to $1,000. Let’s say you were to make your first bet of $1,000 and that bet happens to lose, FanDuel will give you up to $1,000 in bet credits within 72 hours of the bet settling.
Once Ohio sports betting goes live, you will be able to use the FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app or website as long as you are inside the borders of the state. Geolocation tracking will confirm you are in Ohio and then you will be allowed to fill up your bet slip. In terms of retail locations, FanDuel Sportsbook at Belterra Park Cincinnati is a place for bettors to visit if they want to place bets at a sportsbook lounge.
The Ohio Casino Control Commission approved a license for FanDuel Sportsbook and it is now live after the launch of sports betting on January 1, 2023.
Yes, FanDuel Sportsbook is a legal and legitimate sports betting platform. It’s a trusted name in the world of sports betting, with over a decade of experience offering daily fantasy sports and sports betting services. FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio has been vetted and is a safe option in the world of legal sports betting.
Yes, it’s a safe and secure sports betting platform. It uses state-of-the-art technology and secure payment systems. FanDuel is also regulated by the Ohio Casino Control Commission. It has strict rules for operation and licensing.
No, you will be able to place wagers if you are in states where sports betting has been legalized and FanDuel is live. You don’t have to make separate accounts for each and every state. A geolocation tracker will confirm that you are in a state in which you are allowed to sports gamble.
You must be at least 21 years old to bet at Fanduel Sportsbook in the Buckeye State.
FanDuel is a household name and a great place to bet on sports. Signing up for a FanDuel Sportsbook account is simple and Ohio bettors can take advantage of great offers now that sports betting is legal. There’s a wide variety of betting markets, props, live betting, and more that make it a very appealing option as legal online sports betting is now here.
21+ and present in Ohio. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.