The Cubs played the dreaded, evil Brewers. And lost. Grrr. I’m so angry.
Psyche about saying psyche.
- That sound you hear is the sound of Jeff Samardzija’s last, lingering hope to make the Cubs rotation being sucked out the door. He got thoroughly beaten down by a lineup of most of the Brewers regulars. He probably won’t get another Spring start.
- Jeff Stevens, trying to sneak into the pen, also got beaten down. No help there.
- MITCH! Prospect Mitch Atkins struck out the side in his inning of work. He’s no threat to make the team at this point, but he’s definitely one to watch this year at Iowa, and depending on rest, could be one of the first few called to fill in for a Cubs starter should one go down.
- Luis Vizcaino had his first solid outting in a while. Still hard to see the Cubs dumping his $3.5 mill 2009 salary, so you can pretty much pencil him into the bullpen at this point.
- The Bako went 1-2 to raise his Spring average to .200. Get used to it, folks.
REPORT: Freddie Freeman Fired His Agent Because the Agent Never Even Told Him About the Braves’ Final Offer
Lukewarm Stove: Should Cubs Target Josh Bell? Marcus Stroman Not Tradable? Trea Turner’s Preferred Destination? More
Darnell Mooney is Possibly a Year Away From Getting a Big Honking Extension (Like the One Terry McLaurin Just Got)
Rumor Roundup: Orlando Emerges as Front-Runner for Bulls’ Big Target, Knicks All-in on Brunson, Sign-And-Trade for Ayton? Beal, Simons, More
Luke Richardson’s Introductory Press Conference Left Me Feeling Great About the Future of the Blackhawks – Here’s Why