- According to various reports on Twitter, Iowa Cubs first baseman Bryan LaHair has (1) been named the PCL MVP, and (2) been called up to join the Cubs tomorrow. Neither is particularly surprising. What would be surprising is if LaHair gets more than two starts all month. The move probably won’t be announced until tomorrow.
- Cubs prospect Matt Camp, a utility player at this point in his career, has been suspended 50 games for violating MiLB’s drug policy … for the SECOND TIME. Dude, juicing and/or doing other drugs is not a matter of “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” Camp, who was unlikely to make the Cubs any time soon (though was invited to Spring Training this year), probably just flushed his career down the crapper.
- Andrew Cashner will pitching an inning for AAA Iowa today, and, if it goes well, he’s expected to finally rejoin the Cubs thereafter. He’ll work out of the pen – very carefully – for the rest of the year.
- Starlin Castro hurt his leg momentarily in a rough slide yesterday (hamstring), but he says he’s fine. He could still probably use a day off every now and again.
- Joe Cowley interviewed Jeff Samardzija, and the most interesting piece of information he was able to extract was that Samardzija thinks preseason football polls are crap. Thanks, Joe.
Cubs Prospect Notes: Matt Mervis is Confident, PCA is Kind, Gray is Throwing, Brown Breaks Out, Newcomb Clears Waivers, More
Equanimeous St. Brown Explains Why Justin Fields Didn’t Throw the Dang Ball When He Was Wide Open on That One Play
Monday Night Football: Titans at Bills (6:15 CT), Vikings at Eagles (7:30 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, Game Thread, More
Around the NFL: Tua and Lamar Light Up the Scoreboard, Kyler’s Comeback, Saving Joe Burrow, Mike Evans Suspended, More