The Wife and I got to take an exercise class together this morning, which has become a rare treat. It was the heated pilates type one, which she generally doesn’t do. Is it wrong of me that I was enjoying watching her be as challenged as I am weekly by the class? (She is more fit than I am in basically every other way, so I gotta take a win when I can …. )
- The Yankees outscored the Astros 4-1 in the first inning last night, and that was the entirety of the scoring for Game 5 of the ALCS. Yankees win to make the series 3-2:
- So, the Yankees live to fight another day, as the ALCS shifts to Houston after the win last night in New York. Thanks to the rainout earlier in the series, it sounds like both teams are gonna kinda go with a bullpen game tonight, which is kinda wild.
This is all you need to know about Game 6 of the ALCS tonight: The guy who pitched the last inning last night may pitch the first inning today. The others to do that are named Firpo, Three-Finger and Doc.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) October 19, 2019
- Also wild:
— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) October 19, 2019
- Never bad to see:
Cubs pitchers showing some success in the Arizona Fall League: pic.twitter.com/0j91M2nbTE
— (((Mike McElwee))) (@MJMcElwee) October 19, 2019
- Bryce Harper is happy to see his friends headed to the World Series immediately after he departed for another NL East team in free agency:
“Jealousy isn’t good”
How many people have asked this week: What’s Bryce Harper thinking?
So I asked Harper himself!
He’s thinking he’s happy for his friends. But he’s NOT saying, “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I’m not a National.”
I let him explain why. https://t.co/ssDvV8FUSv
— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) October 18, 2019
- When it comes to testing for drugs of abuse, MLB is not particularly concerned with weed (and neither should it be, given the prevailing sentiment and legalities):
Source told me PA is concerned that players will be busted for weed, and MLB doesn’t really care about it as long as a player isn’t having an issue. And if one is, they’ll treat it the way they do alcohol abuse. So the deal seems likely.
— T.J. Quinn (@TJQuinnESPN) October 17, 2019
- Speaking of the particular challenges facing the Angels, there could also be some awkwardness in the power structure for new manager Joe Maddon:
— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) October 16, 2019
- This is amazing – not only did Rotowear make a fried chicken shirt based on Yu Darvish’s Twitter quip, they GOT him a shirt and he just posted himself working out in it on IG: