I should’ve purchased a bigger cup of coffee this morning. But in lieu of a large coffee, I’ll just inject all of the Justin Fields hype directly to my veins.
• You can’t tell me manifestation doesn’t work:
Let's see if this works:
🕯 IS THE BEARS 🕯
PICK ON THURSDAY
🕯 🕯 https://t.co/qnAtw4ehCi
— Funky Cold Luda (@lcm1986) April 26, 2021
We're gonna try to speak this into existence and nobody's stopping us. https://t.co/GZh5zDoXde
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) April 27, 2021
One more sleep until Justin Fields is a Bear. Goodnight, Twitter. pic.twitter.com/KHOW5Gs97W
— Funky Cold Luda (@lcm1986) April 29, 2021
Alright, friends. Draft day is HERE.
— Funky Cold Luda (@lcm1986) April 29, 2021
Been a little busy in the early afternoon, so I haven’t gotten around to watching college football. Was gonna ask how Justin Fields is looking, but here’s my answer: pic.twitter.com/XgZflePOpU
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) October 24, 2020
Justin Fields is the truth 👀 pic.twitter.com/XtWXDdkFKT
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) November 21, 2020
• The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. /smirks in Sith
• Might as well get this out of the way while I can: In no way am I guaranteeing the Justin Fields experience will end differently than every other high-profile quarterback the Bears have made during my lifetime. HOWEVER, that GM Ryan Pace and Head Coach Matt Nagy underwent a different (and more thorough) process than the last time this franchise took the big swing gives me hope. As does Fields’ prospect pedigree, raw talent, and game tape. There is real risk here, but I think the juice is going to be worth the squeeze.
• With that being said, when was the last time you saw Bears fans uniformly co-signing a first-round draft pick? Or any pick? Was the last big splash move everybody was in agreement on the free-agent signing of Allen Robinson in 2018? I’m not sure what should be considered more unexpected: The Bears trading up and drafting Justin Fields or the widespread approval of the pick itself? I’m not sure it matters. Chicago’s football team is moving forward with Fields as their franchise quarterback. We’ll see how this goes, but I’m ready to embrace whatever is coming down the pipeline.
• If you thought we were fired up about this news, check out his soon-to-be teammates:
Welcome Family @justnfields 🤝
— David Montgomery (@MontgomerDavid) April 30, 2021
— Charles Leno Jr (@charleslenojr72) April 30, 2021
"About time we got us a real quarterback." – #Bears safety Eddie Jackson on Instagram Live
— PFF (@PFF) April 30, 2021
• Yep, I’m ready to run through a wall for this guy:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) April 30, 2021
• Baseball splits this town, but the Bears bring us together:
Fans on the South Side are HYPED about the Justin Fields pick pic.twitter.com/i2GCgoT4jI
— NBC Sports Chicago (@NBCSChicago) April 30, 2021
• It’s amazing to see so many NFL pundits, analysts, insiders, and other thought-leaders heap praise on the Chicago Bears, but I’m here for it:
— NFL Draft (@NFLDraft) April 30, 2021
Like the move by the #Bears here. Be aggressive.
Fields has the high-level tools/traits. Can see the deep ball accuracy on tape. And he can play outside of structure.
Scheme him up in Nagy’s offense. pic.twitter.com/qCCwYrH7LV
— Matt Bowen (@MattBowen41) April 30, 2021
— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) April 30, 2021
This was a great trade for both sides to be honest.
Well done. https://t.co/yMNdkGhRVZ
— Lee Sharpe, Fully Vaccinated (@LeeSharpeNFL) April 30, 2021
“Fields’ game has been picked apart during the pre-draft process, but he’d almost certainly be the top quarterback in most other classes. He’s a special talent. I’ve never wavered on making him my No. 2 signal-caller behind Trevor Lawrence. Fields was questioned when he transferred from Georgia to Ohio State, but I love his competitiveness. He just wants to play.”
• Nora Princiotti (The Ringer) writes about how far teams are willing to go to snag a first-round quarterback. It’s a fun read on a topic we touched upon earlier in the week after GMs were sharing nuggets and tidbits about what it takes to trade up for a future franchise QB.
Imagine Justin Fields throwing this ball to Darnell Mooney pic.twitter.com/0ptVzGzwe6
— Matt Eurich (@MattEurich) April 30, 2021
• I reckon I owe folks a party:
Also, Luis Medina of @BN_Bears promised us a party if the Bears took Justin Fields and we have the video to prove it.
— Midway Minute ⚾ (@MidwayMinute) April 30, 2021
• Our friends at Obvious Shirts wasted no time last night:
— OBVIOUS SHIRTS® (@obvious_shirts) April 30, 2021
• For your listening pleasure:
The Bears trade up for QB Justin Fields!!! https://t.co/Vwgfe8EQno
— The Athletic Chicago (@TheAthleticCHI) April 30, 2021