Two more games. That’s it; just two more games. All the Bears have to do is precisely what they’ve been doing for the last two months: be competitive, hang around and let the future pieces make some plays, and get out of Detroit with a loss. Or, as Luis affectionately refers to these as, a #tankwin.
The Lions are at home and fighting for a playoff spot. Their offense is high-powered when in Detroit at Ford Field, and Jared Goff has been playing some of the best football of his career of late, so I wouldn’t expect anything other than the Lions to score a ton of points and win this game.
At the same time, I expect the Bears also to put some points on the board. After back-to-back frigid affairs against Philadelphia and Buffalo at Soldier Field, today’s game at Ford Field will be a welcomed opportunity for the Bears offense to thaw out and give us at least one more strong showing before we close the book on this season next week.
Give me the Lions, give me the over, and give me an exciting performance from Justin Fields with a clean bill of health on Monday, and this will be a mighty lovely start to the year as far as I’m concerned.
Game Info and TV Coverage
Chicago Bears (3-12, 4th NFC North) at Detroit Lions (7-8, 2nd NFC North) – FOX; WBBM 780 AM, 105.9 FM (Jeff Joniak, Tom Thayer, Mark Grote)
Kickoff Time: Noon CT
Site: Ford Field, Detroit, Mi.
Referee: Adrian Hill
Odds: Lions -6, O/U 52 (via DraftKings Sports Book)
Game Thread (Week 15 Preview)
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. And, hopefully, we can get out of this game in one piece
Starting Quarterbacks and Projected Game Stats
Lions: Jared Goff: 23/35, 269 passing yards, 2 TD, 1 INT; 2 carries, 6 rushing yards
Bears: Justin Fields: 16/25, 203 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT; 11 carries, 74 rushing yards, 1 TD
Bears Projected Starters
• QB Justin Fields
• RB David Montgomery
• FB Khari Blasingame
• WRs Chase Claypool, Equanimeous St. Brown, Dante Pettis
• TE Cole Kmet
• LT Braxton Jones, LG Cody Whitehair, C Sam Mustipher, RG Teven Jenkins, RT Riley Reiff
• LDE Trevis Gipson, LDT Mike Pennel Jr., RDT Justin Jones, RDE Dominique Robinson
• SAM Matthew Adams, MIKE Joe Thomas, WILL Nicholas Morrow
• LCB Jaylon Jones, RCB Kyler Gordon
• FS DeAndre Houston-Carson, SS Jaquan Brisker
• Cairo Santos (kicker), Trenton Gill (punter, holder), Patrick Scales (long snapper), Velus Jones Jr. (punt returns), Velus Jones Jr. (kick returns)
Lions Projected Starters
• QB Jared Goff
• RB D’Andre Swift
• WRs Amon-Ra St. Brown, DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds
• TE Brock Wright
• LT Taylor Decker, LG Jonah Jackson, C Frank Ragnow, RG Evan Brown, RT Penei Sewell
• LDE Romeo Okwara, LDT Alim McNeill, RDT Isaiah Buggs, RDE Aidan Hutchinson
• WLB Malcolm Rodriguez, MLB Alex Anzalone, SLB Derrick Barnes
• LCB Will Harris, RCB Jeff Okudah
• FS C.J. Moore, SS Kerby Joseph
• Michael Badgley (kicker), Jack Fox (punter, holder), Scott Daly (long snapper), Justin Jackson, Kalif Raymond (kick and punt returns)