Blackhawks vs Blues – Lineups, Broadcast Info, Game Thread
A couple moving pieces in the Blackhawks’ lineup as some bodies are ready to join the skaters. Austin Wagner, who was acquired at the deadline from the Kings, will make his Blackhawks debut tonight. He was injured when the trade happened and has just now worked his way back; head coach Luke Richardson said it was a hand injury that got infected. We’ll also see Andreas Englund on the back end with Ian Mitchell and Wyatt Kaiser getting the night off. Seth Jones, who went to the Bulls game with Caleb on Wednesday night, wasn’t feeling well and missed the morning skate but Richardson indicated he should be good to go tonight.
Puck Drop: 7:30 PM CT
Radio: WGN 720 AM
Lukas Reichel — Andreas Athanasiou — Anders Bjork
Tyler Johnson — Jason Dickinson — Taylor Raddysh
Boris Katchouk — Joey Anderson — Austin Wagner
Mike Hardman — Reese Johnson — MacKenzie Entwistle
Caleb Jones — Seth Jones
Alex Vlasic — Connor Murphy
Andreas Englund — Nikita Zaitsev
🥅 Petr Mrazek
St. Louis Blues
Brandon Saad – Brayden Schenn – Jakub Vrana
Sammy Blais – Kasperi Kapanen – Jordan Kyrou
Alexey Toropchenko – Nathan Walker – Jordan Pitlick
Jake Neighbours – Logan Brown – Josh Leivo
Nick Leddy – Colton Parayko
Marco Scandella – Justin Faulk
Torey Krug – Calle Rosen
🥅 Jordan Binnington
- The Blackhawks continue to be without Jonathan Toews and Jarred Tinordi. Cole Guttman, Colin Blackwell and Philipp Kurashev‘s seasons are over.
St. Louis Blues
- Robert Thomas, Robert Bortuzzo and Pavel Buchnevich are banged up.
What to Watch For
- Alex Vlasic skated the highest ice time on the blue line on Tuesday night. Will the coaches lean on him as much against a heavy Blues team?
- The Blues will be without a couple of their big forwards — Robert Thomas and Pavel Buchnevich — tonight. That’s a good thing if the Blackhawks are hoping to slow down the St. Louis offense.
- After the morning skate, Richardson referred to Wagner as a “left-handed Sam Lafferty-type” player and said he would likely see some PK duty tonight and get into a third-line role with his speed. It will be good to see what he brings to the table in his Blackhawks debut.