Scottie Pippen wants you to swim in his pool, play on his basketball court, sleep in his bed, and watch the Olympics. According to a listing on Airbnb, Pippen is opening his Highland Park, Illinois home for three nights in August for guests to stay. Yup, for real.
Here’s some key snippets from the listing:
In honor of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, I’m inviting basketball fans to my Chicago home to relive one of my career highlights – competing at the Olympic Games Barcelona 1992. I’m excited for you to cheer on the next generation of Olympians from my home court!
When you enter my home, you’ll step into sport history – finding Olympic Games memorabilia from my time as a U.S. Olympian, plus items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that you can take home with you! During your overnight stay, you and up to three guests have the opportunity to watch the magic of the Olympic Games basketball competitions on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services from my home theater, and channel your inner athlete on my indoor basketball court.
This stay will bring the spirit of the Olympic Games to life with highlights including:– A virtual greeting upon check-in from me.
– Access to the home’s indoor basketball court, where you and your fellow guests can enjoy a friendly game of one-on-one or a round of HORSE.
– The opportunity to lounge in my personal movie theater and watch the Olympic Games on NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and streaming services during the days of the stays, including men’s and women’s basketball. Plus, guests can watch footage of the team’s historic 1992 run in Barcelona.
– A chance to relax outdoors by the pool, complete with an outdoor television so you don’t miss a moment of the Olympic Games – even while swimming. It’s one of my favorite things to do, other than play hoops.
– You can also hold a mini competition of your own in the arcade room, or take a breather after hitting the court in the indoor sauna.
– Exclusive access to view Olympic Games memorabilia, including items from Team USA’s 2020 Medal Stand Collection that guests can take home with them.Whether you want to cheer on Team USA this year or steep yourself in the nostalgia of our historic 1992 run in Barcelona, get ready for a one-of-a-kind experience commemorating the long-awaited return of the Olympic Games.
The listing says the nights of August 2nd, 3rd, and 6th will be bookable for up to parties of four on July 22nd at 12:00 P.M. CDT. And I think I might just give it a shot!
You can check out many more pictures and details on the listing, but here’s a look at his court, sauna, and move theater room.
Michael Cerami contributed to this post.