If I’m not as around as much I usually am today, it’s because I am set to embark on my first day of jury duty. I’m not thrilled about it, but whatever. We’ll still have some stuff sprinkled in throughout the day. Stay tuned.
- It’s going to be a while until the Bears play at this joint:
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) January 22, 2020
- So, hopefully, the Raiders don’t move again before that happens.
- The Vegas Raiders makes sense, but also feels so strange. It’s going to take a minute to get used to saying and typing it. Practice makes perfect, I guess.
- What a noble cause:
The first order of business for the Las Vegas Raiders?
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) January 23, 2020
- Why isn’t Las Vegas hosting Super Bowl LV? That would’ve made so much sense.
- PFF’s Michael Renner has a roundup of the Day 2 standouts at the Senior Bowl. Among them, some players the Bears should probably be looking at because of the list of needs they have to address this offseason. Notre Dame cornerback Troy Pride Jr. has his stock on the rise after stacking impressive practice reps, showing off his speed and press coverage skills. Ohio State receiver K.J. Hill has been on the other side of the ball, displaying plus route-running skills and creating separation. At last year’s Senior Bowl, I was in awe of Terry McLaurin, who turned out to be a stud rookie for Washington in 2019. No matter your college football fandom, there is no doubting the Buckeyes’ ability to churn out pro-level talent.
- A prospect I’m wanting to look into more is Josh Jones, the Houston offensive tackle who has garnered high praise for his practice production this week. This class is projected to be deep at offensive tackle, which is good news for the Bears. Because even though cutting either of their tackles this year would be problematic for their cap situation, nabbing a tackle now, developing him over the course of the 2020 season, then unleashing him in 2021 isn’t a bad idea.
- I love watching offensive linemen do work:
Oh hello Josh Jones. 18th ranked player on latest @PFF draft board doing work this week
— Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike) January 22, 2020
- This is still a head-scratcher to me:
Justin Herbert: Highest-graded offensive player on day one of Senior Bowl practice pic.twitter.com/hkLVWkjLh5
— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) January 22, 2020
- PFF has never been great about discussing the methods to their grading madness. But practice? We’re grading practice now? Not a game. Practice? C’mon, man. We’re talking about practice!
- I want to praise aggressive defense, but this probably garners a flag at the next level:
- Brycen Hopkins was one of the tight ends the Bears interviewed earlier in the week.
- The ring is the thing:
The great Steve McMichael recalls how the Bears held their ring ceremony…at the Holiday Inn in Highwood, Illinois, baby. https://t.co/pIKtoN8YXH
— Jeff Dickerson (@DickersonESPN) January 22, 2020
- Cross him off the list:
Eli Manning will hold a news conference Friday to announce his retirement, sources tell @JordanRaanan and me.
— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) January 22, 2020
- Oh, yeah, the Pro Bowl is still going on::
- Despite their best efforts, the Bulls won last night:
That's More Home Wins Than Last Season: Bulls 117, Timberwolves 110 https://t.co/WUykNpIXwM
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) January 23, 2020