What would it take for the Bulls to actually beat the Lakers?
I’m interested in your thoughts (be them real or … funny).
Speaking of the Lakers …
- Anthony Davis is at it again:
Oh, you tease. https://t.co/wpWZNjPfHD
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) November 5, 2019
- Davis spent his summer throwing a line out into Lake Michigan, baiting the Chicago-faithful with comments about how he would “definitely consider” playing in his hometown. Fast forward two months and Davis, rod in hand, is attempting to reel some of us in again (swim away! swim away!).
- After one kid asked the Lakers’ big man if he’d come to play in Chicago yesterday, Davis brought up his upcoming free agency, claiming a future signing is a “possibility.” I’m sorry, but I refuse to be roped into believing Davis would leave a Los Angeles Lakers team with LeBron James to come play for the GarPax regime. However, just to entertain the thought briefly (I can’t help myself, okay!?), if Davis were to express any legitimate interest in joining the Bulls … this organization should do anything in their power to make it happen, right? Trade whoever. Sign whoever. Get a superstar.
- Jim Boylen shared some rather questionable comments with the media yesterday. One quote, while probably warranted, felt harshly critical for a head coach to say about his players. I gave my thoughts on the matter, which you can check out here, but feel free to form your own opinion with the soundbite shared below:
"We've been willing physically, we've been weak mentally."
— NBC Sports Chicago (@NBCSChicago) November 5, 2019
- After hearing (or reading) those words from Boylen doesn’t this feel rather ironic:
Bulls cancelled shootaround for tomorrow.
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) November 4, 2019
- The same coach who preached preparedness, readiness, and effort, almost immediately cancels shootaround? Huh? The Bulls have suffered from numerous slow starts (to games) this season, particularly because of incredibly inconsistent three-point shooting. If you ask me, shootaround feels like one way to get your team prepared and in a rhythm before game time. Pepper in the fact that tonight’s game will be the hardest challenge yet with the Lakers in town, and canceling shootaround seems bizarre.
- The latest Bulls Talk Podcast is out, and the most important question the guys try to answer this week: Who the heck is going to step up for this team? We’ve seen Wendell Carter Jr., Thaddeus Young, and Zach LaVine express some level of frustration during postgame interviews, which is a start, but who can take over this role on the court? Carter Jr. looks like the guy right now, but he’s 20-years-old. He shouldn’t have to be in that role.
— Bulls Talk (@NBCSBulls) November 5, 2019
- We interrupt your regular scheduled, depressing program for some fun D-Rose content.
VINTAGE D ROSE pic.twitter.com/591cPS4NBO
— Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) November 5, 2019
- Shockingly, the Bulls are No. 23 on Bleacher Report’s and ESPN’s latest power rankings. I guess a victory over the Detroit Pistons last week kept them afloat, but the Bulls have lost to two teams who are below them in the rankings (Knicks, Cavs). If you want to think about the upcoming schedule somewhat positively, the Bulls do have a great opportunity to move up these power rankings … all they have to do is beat the Lakers and/or Rockets! Psssh, easy!
- I could finish an entire deep-dish pizza easier than the Bulls can finish a layup.
#Bulls lead the NBA in percentage of field-goal attempts that come 0-3 feet from the hoop (36.5% of their shots).
They're 29th in FG percentage from that range, shooting just 57.0%.
So they're getting a lot of the shots they want and finishing terribly.
— Cody Westerlund (@CodyWesterlund) November 5, 2019
- As we learned during this previous game, battling a short-handed team doesn’t make things any easier for the Bulls. Still, this is a big loss for the Atlanta Hawks, whom the Bulls play tomorrow night.
NBA announces 25-game suspension for Atlanta forward John Collins for violating league’s anti-drug policy. Bulls at Hawks tomorrow.
— K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) November 5, 2019
- DON’T EVEN SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE!
— Jason Patt (@Bulls_Jay) November 5, 2019