The Associated Press released their 2022 NFL All-Pro First Team this afternoon. The AP All-Pro team was selected by a panel of 50 media members, and at first glance, they did a pretty good job this season.
The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers led the way with four selections each, including tight end Travis Kelce who was a unanimous selection by all 50 members. Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson was also a unanimous selection.
We also have a rookie on the All-Pro Team First Team for the first time in 41 years, Jets’ rookie Sauce Gardner.
Here’s the full roster!
- Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs)
- Running Back: Josh Jacobs (Raiders)
- Wide Receiver: Justin Jefferson (Vikings), Davante Adams (Raiders), Tyreek Hill (Dolphins)
- Tight End: Travis Kelce (Chiefs)
- Left Tackle: Trent Williams (49ers)
- Left Guard: Joel Bitonio (Browns)
- Center: Jason Kelce (Eagles)
- Right Guard: Zack Martin (Cowboys)
- Right Tackle: Lane Johnson (Eagles)
This is nearly identical to the NFLPA’s recently released Player’s All-Pro Team, except for the addition of Tyreek Hill to the wide receiver position and the subtraction of the fullback position. San Francisco’s Kyle Juszczyk was the fullback selection on the NFLPA’s All-Pro Team.
- Edge Rushers: Nick Bosa (49ers), Micah Parsons (Cowboys)
- Interior Lineman: Chris Jones (Chiefs), Quinnen Williams (Jets)
- Linebackers: Fred Warner (49ers), Roquan Smith (Ravens), Matt Milano (Bills)
- Cornerbacks: Sauce Gardner (Jets), Patrick Surtain II (Broncos)
- Safeties: Minkah Fitzpatrick (Steelers), Talanoa Hufanga (49ers)
No big surprises here outside of Sauce Gardner being picked as a rookie, a general out of character for the AP panel. Although they got that one right, Patrick Surtain II on the other side of Sauce Gardner at the cornerback position is a slam dunk. Also, Roquan Smith finally earns that first-team All-Pro selection he’s deserved for years! A new contract and an All-Pro First Team nod in a week for Roquan. I love to see it!
- Kicker: Daniel Carlson (Raiders)
- Punter: Tommy Townsend (Chiefs)
- Kick Returner: Keisan Nixon (Packers)
- Punt Returner: Marcus Jones (Patriots)
- Special Teamer: Jeremy Reaves (Commanders)
- Long Snapper: Andrew DePaola (Vikings)