Folks. The Bears play TODAY.
Let’s turn it up to 11:
Chicago Bears (0-0) at Detroit Lions (0-0), noon CT, FOX-TV (Dick Stockton, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake), WBBM-AM 780 and WCFS-FM 105.9 (Jeff Joniak, Tom Thayer, Mark Grote)
Odds: Bears (-2.5), Over/Under 43, via the DraftKings Sportsbook.
Week 1 Game Thread (Preview)
Your game thread is down in the comments, so let’s have some good, clean (safe-for-work) fun. Let’s start 2020 on a high note.
Matt Nagy (20-12) vs. Matt Patricia (9-22-1)
Bears: Mitchell Trubisky
2019: 326-516 (63.2%), 3,138 yards, 17 TD, 10 INT, 83.0 rating (15 games)
Lions: Matthew Stafford
2019: 187-291 (64.3%), 2,499 yards, 19 TD, 5 INT, 106.0 rating (8 games)
Bears Expected Starters
• QB Mitchell Trubisky
• RB David Montgomery
• WRs Allen Robinson II, Anthony Miller, Ted Ginn Jr.
• TE Jimmy Graham
• LT Charles Leno Jr., LG James Daniels, C Cody Whitehair, RG Germain Ifedi, RT Bobby Massie
• DT Akiem Hicks, NT Bilal Nichols, DE Roy Robertson-Harris
• OLBs Khalil Mack, Barkevious Mingo (Robert Quinn is OUT because of an ankle injury)
• ILBs Roquan Smith, Danny Trevathan
• CBs Kyle Fuller, Jaylon Johnson
• FS Eddie Jackson
• SS Tashaun Gipson Sr.
• Cairo Santos (kicker), Pat O’Donnell (punter, holder), Patrick Sales (long snapper), Cordarrelle Patterson (kick returns), Tarik Cohen (punt returns)
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) September 13, 2020
Lions Expected Starters
• QB Matthew Stafford
• RB Kerryon Johnson
• WRs Marvin Jones Jr., Danny Amendola, Quintez Cephus
• TE T.J. Hockenson
• LT Taylor Decker, LG Joe Dahl, C Frank Ragnow, RG Jonah Jackson, RT Tyrell Crosby
• LDE Trey Flowers, LDT Danny Shelton, RDT Nick Williams, RDE Da’Shawn Hand
• OLBs Christian Jones, Jamie Collins
• MLB Jarrad Davis
• CBs Desmond Trufant, Justin Coleman
• FS Tracy Walker
• SS Duron Harmon
• Matt Prater (kicker), Jack Fox (punter, holder), Don Mulbach (long snapper), Jamal Agnew (kick/punt returns)
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) September 13, 2020